Research in Biomass Production and Resources
Biomass make up a large proportion of renewable energy production. We focus on development of methods and models for estimation of the amount of biomass resource available and how they are best utilised.
Core research questions are:
- How to use different biomass resources best to support the demand for energy services?
- How much biomass is available for energy production?
- How to preserve energy quality in different biomass conversion technologies?
- How to minimise energy loss in bioenergy systems?
- What is the effect of fertilization on biomass production of woody species?
Research is done in collaboration with Aalborg University (www.aau.dk), Aarhus University (www.au.dk), University of Southern Denmark (www.sdu.dk), CBS (www.cbs.dk), Technical University of Denmark (www.dtu.dk), Dong Energy (www.dongenergy.dk) and Novozymes A/S (www.novozymes.com)